Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes


I could be sweet potato obsessed. My grandmother is to blame. While we were home for the holidays, my grandmother did a lot of delicious cooking for us. Large pots of chili and vegetable soup were always on offer; yet, she was just eating a sweet potato for her meal. I have always liked sweet potatoes but not enough to pass on her chili and soup. 

My thoughts on her ardent sweet potato consumption have stuck with me, so these potatoes have ended up in my basket at the market often since returning to Montreal. Obviously, what ends up in my basket ends up on my blog - so bear with me - I have another sweet potato recipe to share this week. I think this one is fantastic though - well worth sharing. This is an Italian inspired twice-baked sweet potato.  

Ingredients
4 sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise

Fresh rosemary, chopped, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
4 slices prosciutto, chopped
4 shallots, finely chopped
Parmesan cheese, finely grated, to garnish
Fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sweet potatoes, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the tops. Season with rosemary and salt to taste. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender.

Scoop the sweet potato flesh from the skins; reserve skins. In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potato, prosciutto and shallots. Mound the filling back into the sweet potato skins; reshape the skins to hold the filling. Bake for 30 minutes at 400°F.

Garnish with cheese, parsley, salt and pepper to serve.

Serves 4

© 2009-2010 Madame Monaco All Rights Reserved

PRINT RECIPE

No comments:

Post a Comment