Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pork Chops with Cabbage and Cranberries


This cabbage dish is the perfect holiday side in my opinion. It has glistening red cranberries studding a bed of green and white cabbage. I am already in the mood for Christmas if you haven't noticed. I miss my family and Macy's is making it worse for me because they are having a huge sale this weekend. I am a bit sad that my inner consumer cannot join in the fun. I especially miss the holiday season in the U.S., so comfort food it is tonight...

Make the cabbage while the chops are cooking through in the oven. If you use frozen or fresh cranberries, the cabbage will be stained pink. The dried cranberries add just the right tartness and sweetness to this savory dish.  

Ingredients
4 boneless pork loin chops
1 teaspoon safflower oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 475°F.

In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Pat dry the chops with paper towel. When the oil is hot, brown the chops on both sides. This should take about 2-3 minutes, but wait until the pan releases the meat easily before turning.

Finish cooking through in the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 160°F. Remove from the oven and season to taste with salt and black pepper.


Cabbage and Cranberries
150 grams/5.2 ounces pancetta, diced
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 head green cabbage, cored and finely sliced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup dried natural cranberries

In a wok, cook pancetta over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add cabbage, salt and pepper. Use tongs to toss and coat the cabbage while it cooks for 4 minutes. Add cranberries. Cook for 2 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Serve immediately.

Serves 4

Copyright © 2009-2010 Madame Monaco All Rights Reserved

PRINT RECIPE

2 comments:

  1. Hellow!

    I love your site, It is a pleasure to visit.

    I have added your site to my site.

    Please link my site to your site.

    Thank you!
    http://starwind777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete